Sunday 2 February 2014

The Body Shop Hand Cream Review

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands" - Legal Maxim 
With the current gale force winds gripping the nation my hands can be left worse for wear. Hands are often the most neglected part of our body and also a tell-tell sign of age; I have often moisturised everything but my hands! I purchased this dainty looking Body Shop Hand Cream set a while ago after the pint-sized 30ml counterparts were perfect to stash into a few handbags of mine...

The set that I purchased had a selection of the 3 most popular, I love the vintage retro metallic packaging; tube sized and easy to use. The set contained two Hemp Seed Hand Protector creams which is the somewhat "power cream" out of the three that I own; it has a very thick consistency (which takes some time to absorb) and is somewhat tinged with a mild green colouring. It is not the best smelling cream out there (smells rather like a day out in a muddy field, takes a bit of getting used to) but is the most heavy duty cream in the collection in terms of its accolades. It states it is designed for "very dry skin" and supposedly has worked wonders for damaged cuticles as well as hands which is probably due to the Hemp Seed element that contains moisturising properties, mainly the fatty acids that Hemp Seed is made from. As I do not particularly like the scent I apply this to my hands for a S.O.S.-super treatment at night and I am guaranteed to wake up with soft subtle hands. 



The Wild Rose SPF 15 hand cream is much more to my liking, not only does it contain SPF (winner winner) but its beautifully fragranced and you can smell the roses in an abundance. Although it is targeted for "mature skin" I still love the scent, the rosehip oil no doubt combating those stubborn age spots for mature skin. This cream is a lot lighter than the Hemp Seed Hand Protector, for me this is why it is more practical to be stashed away in your handbag whilst on the go and definitely reminds me of those long summers.

My favourite out of all three has to be the Almond and Nail Cream, ah where do I start with this gem?! This cream is tailored specifically for manicures as it contains the duo of a manicurist special agents panthenol (vitamin B5) and and sweet almond oil celebrated for good skin and nails. The most quickest to absorb and the smell lingers too which is oh-so-divine! It is targeted for all skin types and for me has the most appeal.

Currently the above 30ml Body Shop Hand Creams are £2.50 online! Grab them whilst you can!

Which one is your favourite?

...ArA...


No comments:

Post a Comment

XxX Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! Have a nice day, stay happy and hope to see you again soon! ...ArA... XxX