Saturday 1 February 2014

Prada Candy L'Eau Gift Set Review

"Basically I'm trying to make men more sensitive and women stronger." - Miuccia Prada 

Woah, first blogpost of 2014! Well life had caught up with me as of late so what better way to start 2014 with a quick perfume review of Prada Candy ...



I am a ridiculous sucker for anything pretty/dainty/feminine looking (those darn marketing people have ticked all boxes when it comes packaging again at Prada). You just have to look at the heavy duty gold rimmed packaging and metallic gold Prada emblazoning; finished with beautiful pastel pinks, ah it looks too pretty from the rest of my perfume collection, definitely oozing that ultra feminine vibe. I was gifted this Prada Candy L'Eau gift set for Christmas which contains a pretty stylish pouch (a great pink piece perfect for stashing away your beauty essentials) as well as scented body lotion.



Firstly, judging from the name alone you would be forgiven if you thought it would make you smell like a sweet confectionery jar; at first I hesitated when opening the top for the smell was rather overpowering. But rest assured once you apply a few spritz and after a few minutes the scent somewhat mellows on the skin and becomes far less "sickly-sugary" and for me at least is quite wearable for the daytime. For me the vanilla and caramel tones are quite vivid, it has slight fruity elements too which gives it somewhat a playful and youthful feel - a lot milder compared to it's twin Prada Candy perfume, which is more deeper and stronger in scent (hence the darker pink packaging).



Overall I have to admit I was drawn in my the packaging more than anything else, it just oozes a slight vintage lady-like elegance! J'adore!

Prada Candy L'Eau De Parfum is £65.50 for a 80ml bottle in Boots.


...ArA...







No comments:

Post a Comment

XxX Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! Have a nice day, stay happy and hope to see you again soon! ...ArA... XxX