Thursday 14 November 2013

Autumn/Winter 2013 Make-up Favourite Looks

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion" - Yves Saint-Laurent

Berry/Wine/Plum Lips

Embrace your inner Goth and go for an edgy dark berry lip colour keeping the eyes simple – an instant winter statement. I particular love the matte plum shades, you can simply blot any excess away to tweek the pigmentation to your liking and you are ready to go. The versatility of a matte lipstick means you can finish it off with a hint of gloss for a night out!



Left to Right: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Rouge Volupté Shine lipstick in shade Prune in Fire £24 from Selfridges
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in Wine £5.49 from Superdrug 

Classic Smokey Eyes

My all-time favourite look, yes the classic smoky eye is a timeless look that can bring out the depths of your eye colour if worked correctly. For Autumn/Winter I like to experiment by mixing subtle plum colour for my bottom eye line – I then team this up with my trusty black kohl liner and blend to create a subtle impact. For instant drama I like to pin my hair back and letting my eyes do all the taking, this adds instant glamour without overdoing it, remember to keep the lips nude for a balanced look.

Nude Lips

Yes the au natruale nude lips are still dominating this season, an easy way to create and lustre and youthful complexion if done correctly! See my earlier blogpost on finding the perfect nude lip shade for your skin tone here.

See my earlier review about the Perfect Nude Lipstick by clicking on the above link!

Bold Brows

I am proud to embrace my natural thick eyebrows, dare I say it they have become one of my signature beauty traits (and have done so for some time)! The likes of Miss Delevingne have certainly shown that having a fuller brow not only makes you look a lot youthful but can transform the whole shape of your face. I tend to use my HD Brows kit to perfect my brows. Another trick is to use a little bit of Vaseline to add instant definition to your brows. Less of the plucking now ladies!



HD Eye & Brow Palette in Vamp £19.96 from HD Brows 


Brrr-ace yourself for Winter!

...ArA...

No comments:

Post a Comment

XxX Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! Have a nice day, stay happy and hope to see you again soon! ...ArA... XxX