Sunday 5 May 2013

Put the “Point” in Everyday Flats

...Commodum...

I always have a pair (well more than one pair) in my collection of sturdy trusty flat shoes that never fail to disappoint. I have even been known to carry a spare pair in one of my enormous handbags when towering about in one of my higher heels (my feet always thank me for it later). With the sunnier weather I personally do not like to sweat around in high heels (leave that to the gym, the sweating that is); especially when you are on your feet for more than a few hours - keep it comfortable and practical.

I like to team up my flats up with some light washed acid jeans for that laid back summer ensemble, to keep it clean and easy going. I am currently loving the range of “pointy” flat shoes that can be seen everywhere on the high street, slightly smart yet casual - I love the slight attitude that these shoes scream with that pointy front, great for everyday wear when you may want to leave the stilettos behind for better days. 

Some of my seasons favourites…

1.

June Pointed Ballet Flats £35 from Asos

These pretty cut out  scallop detailed flats have cute pin buckle and strap detailing that give it that extra girly touch. Cut out in style they are right on trend. I love the strong coral/pink colour it is perfect for the sunnier days and will brighten up any outfit.

***

2.
Faux Suede Loafers £19.90 from Forever21

These bad boys add a fierce roar to any casual look with the lion motif, team them up with a baggy pop art t-shirt to add that instant 90's punk vibe. As they are faux suede they are perfect for being worn this time of the year (hopefuly the lack of supposed rain will not wear them out too quickly)!


***
3.
Leather Loafers £34.99 from H&M

Another season friendly pair with the nude/beige undertones, these beauties are at a very steal price considering the quality of the leather. The faux snakeskin top detailing make these pair more expensive than they look. Overall very simple yet stunning.


***

4.
Pointed Slipper £49.99 from Zara

Wow. Where do I begin with these blue eyed beauties? The bold Aztec style print screams attention; they are perfect for bringing a simple outfit to the centre court. I would easily team these up to add an instant style statement to one of my simple jersey maxi dresses, without looking as though I am trying too hard. 

***

5.

Aldo Bozena Toecap Pointed Ballet Flats £45 from Asos

AH another one of my favourites, for those of you who love the toecap contrast trend then these are both comfortable and stylish without hopping around in agony in sky high heels all day. These can easily be worn to the office, being both smart and wearable. 

***

6.

Glitter Slipper £39.99 from Zara

Check those sparkles, these flat slippers can rival those of the taller kind -  glittery and sparkly they certainly do not lack in personality. Again, very smart looking but can easily look great with some blue jeans and a fitted blazer. Who said flat shoes cannot do glam? These pair certainly do.

***



Do you own a staple pair of flats?


...ArA...




No comments:

Post a Comment

XxX Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! Have a nice day, stay happy and hope to see you again soon! ...ArA... XxX