I have been talking a lot about pastels lately, it is a revival trend that always comes back every spring and summer from far back as I can remember, and it is by far my favourite trend! It is always a safe bet to wear and is guaranteed to make you look uber girly and princess-like. I love the fact that it incorporates all my favourite colours into one season. In terms of pastel colours think about those clique light candy colours (or old-fashioned ice-cream colours) that are so vintage and timeless – from minty greens, creamy beige to light hues of lavender, a touch of dusty pinks and light corals and even lighter powder blues; this very fun and easy to wear colour palette compliments every skin tone and is perfect to wear this time of year. Think of teaming these pastels with acid skinny jeans, perfect to get that sharp colour contrast and looks effortlessly very now.
A very easy and affordable way to get some pastels in your wardrobe is by investing in a good fitted pastel spring blazer, think of the more “safer” pastel colours for this, such as a dusty pink that you can easily work with every spring. There are various blazer styles around, depending on how you prefer to wear them, or how you like your blazer fitted. Opt for a more fitted cropped style which is very spring or if you prefer to layer your look then opt for the classic boyfriend style blazer that can easily be adapted to fit around the weather changes.
Take a look at my favourite high street pastel pieces...
Bags / Clutches:
Leather Messenger Bag £60 from Topshop | 2. Shell
Pink Cut Out Clutch £12.99 from New Look|
1. This beautiful very light and faint mint leather bag is absolutely gorgeous, so simple yet so girly – its double gold fastening and zip details makes it perfect to stash away those bits and bobs that always leaves you rummaging around!
2. A pastel pink clutch that has an intricate cut out detail in the shape of flowers at the top part of the clutch and gold detailing around the edge making it appear more expensive that £12.99, a great clutch for those spring/summer Friday evenings!
3. Satin Laples Double-Breasted Blazer in Beige £34.99 from Mango | 4. Lace Studded Biker £75 from Warehouse
3.I absolutely LOVE this blazer since seeing it on the Mango Summer 2013 campaign. It looks very vogue-uesque with padded shoulders and gold button detailing on the cuffs and main body, it would go so perfectly with a fitted shirt. It is also available in other colours, but for me my favourite has to be the beige which fits into the pastel colour palette well.
4. Another stunning high street gem, (that I again absolutely LOVE) this beautiful biker jacket from Warehouse is so understated yet certainly makes a statement with its lined floral lace detailing; the three quarter length is perfect for spring and oozes elegance and is so feminine - yet it still has a dollop of edge making it very current (with my favourite stud detailing) on the lapel. I cannot make up my mind whether I love this jacket or the Mango Double-Breasted Blazer (no 3) more.
Spring Pearl Necklace £8.99 from New Look | 6. Jewel
Chandelier Earring £15 from Asos|
5. It is in the name, this bib style beaded necklace is delicate with dots of light coral/peach and pretty pearls and shimmers of grey/silver crystals that will look stunning on pastel dress or shirt.
6. These pretty chandelier earrings have the perfect nudey-peachy-coral pastel hint that would look perfect on a summer evening with beach inspired waves in your hair. Being Indian I can tell that these earrings are very Indian inspired as I have similar pairs in my collection; Asos’ new jewellery arrivals have a lot of Indian inspired pieces that seem to be making a new trend (see here, here and here).
Sandal £39.99 from Zara | 8. Converse
All Star Seasonal Mint Ox Trainers £45 from Asos|
7. Another great high street example of a Valentino inspired shoe, these studded nudey/cream sandals are guaranteed to add a bit of edge and glam to any spring outfit.
8. For those relaxed days or mile-high fuelled shopping trips these comfy Converse’s are guaranteed to leave your feet feeling comfortable all day when walking in heels feels like chore. These iconic trainers have a quirky twist with its coloured spring pastel mint green which will leave you still feeling every inch of pretty and girly!
Dress / Skirt:
9. A very chick and Victorian style sleeveless dress which has an intricate lace/crochet detailing around the waist that nips in, overall very simple yet elegant, this dress can easily be teamed up with an understated blazer.
10. This powder blue/sky blue midi skirt is perfect to compliment any spring wardrobe conservative and so sheek it would can easily be styled with nude capped heels or some barely there sandals to give it a bit of seasonal glam. I love anything lace, so for me with that alone I had to feature it!
I simply cannot get enough of pastels!
Happy St. Georges Day!